Thursday 13 August 2015

Featured in Leisure Painter

Leisure Painter has a  report from Ledbury Art Society on page 62 of its September issue and features Sarah Amery's painting of the Malvern Hills.


This is the image used for the posters advertising our exhibition on Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 September - 10am to 4:30pm on both days. The exhibition in the Burgage Hall, Church Lane, Ledbury will be formally opened by the Mayor of Ledbury at the preview evening - 7pm on Friday 12 September.

I look forward to the usual range of good quality paintings and hope for even more entries than last year. My own pictures are not as consistent as I'd like but I'm going to risk public scrutiny and put in at least four. I've always found other art society members to be very encouraging and it's good if our exhibition also reflects the differing abilities of the membership. So don't be shy - get your entry form to me by 1st September!

September 1st is also the day for our first demonstration of the Autumn/Winter programme when Tim Nash will be painting a landscape in mixed media.

Richard Hyde


No comments:

Post a Comment